Here are your 2012 NFL Preseason Power Rankings brought to by American Live Wire. The Niners are the team to beat, and Vikings are in trouble.
1. San Francisco 49ers – The Niner defense is destructive and Jim Harbaugh in his second season they are very dangerous.
2. Green Bay Packers – Last year’s best team up until it counted returns with lessons learned and something to prove.
3. New England Patriots – The acquisition of Brandon Lloyd gives Brady more weapons and Belichick’s boys are ready to steam roll the AFC East.
4. New York Giants – The returning Super Bowl Champion’s won when it counted but the odds of them repeating are slim.
5. Denver Broncos – Peyton Manning will make the Mile High a dangerous place for defenders.
6. Houston Texans – The leagues best rushing attack and strong defense make these guys a serious contender.
7. Baltimore Ravens – Joe Flacco has to prove he can help the defense, and give the Ravens something they have never had – Great Quarterback play.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers – The defense is still dangerous and Big Ben is in his Prime.
9. Detroit Lions – The Lions are stacked with talent but discipline is lacking. Megatron and Stafford will be one of the leagues best QB – WR combo’s in 2012.
10. Dallas Cowboys – Romo has to prove he is as good as Jones believes him to be. Its now or never for Garrett.
11. Chicago Bears – The Bears were right in the thick of it last year until Forte and Cutler went down. Don’t count them out.
12. New York Jets – The Jets do too much talking. Now they added another distraction this time at Quarterback. One of these guys need to step up.
13. Atlanta Falcons – Matt Ryan has one of the best receiving combo’s a quarterback could ask for. What will he do with it?
14. San Diego Chargers – Phillip Rivers has heart but do the rest of the Chargers? Norv Turner may be on his last leg.
15. Philadelphia Eagles – The Eagles are ready to be one of the elite. Andy Reed wont let the Eagles fail like they did last year.
16. New Orleans Saints – How much will Shawn Payton be missed? A lot! Drew Bree’s still has Colston, and Jimmy Graham.
17. Carolina Panthers – Cam did everything right last year except win. Its only a matter of time before he turns the Panthers into an elite team.
18. Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin III will make the Redskins look good. But hard to see them going any better than 8-8.
19. Arizona Cardinals – This team is talented but Quarterback play is a big question. If they can overcome that they will be a contender.
20. Oakland Raiders – Carson Palmer had flashes of great play but can they be consistent? McFadden needs to stay healthy.
21. Cincinnati Bengals – 2nd year Quarterback Andy Dalton and 2nd year Receiver AJ Green are worth watching but can they contend?
22. Kansas City Chiefs – Head coach Romeo Crennel took the Chiefs defense to another level, but can Matt Cassel live up to his contract in 2012?
23. Buffalo Bills – The Bills come out of the gates on fire then as the temperature in Buffalo cools so does Fitzpatrick and company.
24. St Louis Rams – Its only a matter of time before Sam Bradford becomes elite. The Rams defense is on the rise.
25. Seattle Seahawks – Pete Carroll works magic, but something is lacking in Seattle. Maybe Matt Flynn can provide the spark.
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Tampa went out and got Josh Freeman Vincent Jackson, but still too many what ifs here.
27. Tennessee Titans – The questions here are can Chris Johnson bounce back to his old way, and how long until Jake Locker becomes the starter?
28. Miami Dolphins – Reggie Bush had a resurgence last year and the Dolphin’s finished strong other than that don’t bank on much in South Beach.
29. Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson is a beast, but the Browns keep playing ring-a-round the Quarterback when they really need Receivers.
30. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck is good but not good enough to do anything with these 2012 Colts. No upside here.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars – Blaine Gabbert? MJD holding out? Too many questions – maybe 3 wins this year.
32. Minnesota Vikings – AP is banged up, Harvin wants to leave and Ponder is not the answer.