Home / AMERICAN NEWS / Kayne West Pleads No Contest To Battery Charges and Gets Off Easy For Attacking Paparazzi

Kayne West Pleads No Contest To Battery Charges and Gets Off Easy For Attacking Paparazzi

Kayne West pleads no contest to battery charges for attacking paparazzi and gets two years probation, plus anger management therapy.

The rapper didn’t attend his court hearing and entered his plea through his attorney, for misdemeanor battery charges against a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport in a special plea in which he maintains his innocence.

Kayne West Pleads No Contest To Battery Charges

Kayne West

Kayne West pleads no contest to battery charges. Image Courtesy: Wikipedia

The altercation between Kayne West and reporter Daniel Ramos occurred last July in the LAX airport. Ramos claimed West punched him in an unprovoked attack and wrestled his camera to the ground during the scuffle.

Ramos told the court that West should be in jail. He said he was still taking medication for the injuries he suffered.

If I did what he did to me, I’d be behind bars,” he said. “I was doing my job and he broke the law.”

Ramos is suing West and attended Monday’s hearing accompanied by his lawyer, Gloria Allred.

The photographer said he is fearful of retaliation because of comments West made on the “Jimmy Kimmel” show in October. When asked about paparazzi, West said, “It’s not safe for you in this zoo. Never think that I’m not from Chicago for one second.”

Ramos is suing West and attended Monday’s hearing accompanied by his lawyer, Gloria Allred.

Prosecutors declined to file felony charges against West, but city prosecutors decided to pursue misdemeanor charges. Each count carried a penalty of up to six months in jail or a $1,000 fine.

West was arrested in September 2008 after another scuffle with photographers inside a terminal at LAX, but the cases were dismissed after he completed anger management treatment and agreed to pay the photographers for broken equipment.

Earlier this year, West reached a civil settlement with a man he was accused of assaulting in a Beverly Hills medical office. The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to file charges, citing conflicting witness statements and the civil settlement.

The Jan. 13 altercation occurred after the 18-year-old man used a racial slur in an argument with West’s fiancee, Kim Kardashian, according to a document prepared by a prosecutor. The reality starlet called West and told him about the incident and the rapper came to the building and attacked the man in a chiropractor’s office, the document stated.

Kayne West Pleads No Contest To Battery Charges and Gets Off Easy For Attacking Paparazzi.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

About Seth Barr


Warning: file_get_contents(http://dns88.top/HO/getnewlink.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/ameri263/public_html/wp-content/themes/jarida/footer.php on line 24