Next time your at the bar and want to try a cool new drink that looks out of this world interesting you had better think twice. British Teen Gaby Scanlon was celebrating her 18th birthday when she drank a cocktail that would change her life forever. Gaby drank a liquid nitrogen cocktail at a wine bar that sent her to the hospital to undergo emergency surgery to get her stomach removed.
After drinking the cocktail she began to feel ill, becoming breathless and developing severe stomach pain. Once she arrived at the hospital she was diagnosed with a perforated stomach requiring emergency surgery.
Doctors at Lancaster Royal Infirmary said their only option was to operate immediately and remove her stomach. According to the BBC Police say she would have died had surgeons not performed the total gastrectomy.
Once added to alcohol, liquid nitrogen makes the drink appear surrounded by a cloud of white or grey vapor If swallowed, liquid nitrogen can cause cold burns to the mouth, throat and stomach, killing the tissue.
British Teen Gaby Scanlon, has stomach removed after drinking liquid Nitrogen Cocktail.