How far would you go to win a python? Following a Cockroach eating contest Edward Archbold, 32 collapsed became sick and collapsed outside of the reptile store that hosted the event.
The cockroach eating contest which had around 30 contestants was held at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, Florida. As for what killed Archbold, that remains a mystery.
Autopsy results are expected to take a up to two weeks to come back. Scientists say that unless the insects were covered in bacteria, or some virus they should not have killed Archbold, and are normally safe to eat.
He ate dozens of cockroaches in his effort to win an $850 Python snake.
“After he was done he went to go throw up in the bathroom and that was it,” said Pharaoh Gayles another participant in the contest.
None of the other contestants became ill, the sheriff’s office said.
In the video you can hear the crowd cheering Archbold on, and encouraging him to continue eating the insects. Even after he had puked the crowd was still encouraging him to keep it down. Little did they know that a few moments later Edward would collapse and die.
Edward Archbold last moments as he chowed down the insects:
Published on Oct 8, 2012 by NewsPoliticsNow3.
Edward Archbold dies after winning cockroach eating contest to win a Python.