According to Forbes annual list of the top-earning celebrities who are dead, Elizabeth Taylor ranks number one surpassing Michael Jackson. The famous actress who passed away on March 23, 2011 at the age of 79 was known for her glamorous and sometimes over-the-top lifestyle as well as her numerous marriages.
The estate of Elizabeth Taylor is reported to have earned a staggering 210 million dollars last year according to Forbes.com which puts her above the estate of Michael Jackson who previously held the number one spot on this list.
The complete list which ranks the 10 Top-Earning Dead Celebrities of 2012 according to Forbes.com is as follows:
1. Elizabeth Taylor – $210 Million
2. Michael Jackson – $145 Million
3. Elvis Presley – $55 Million
4. Charles Schulz – $37 Million
5. Bob Marley – $17 Million
6. John Lennon – $12 Million
7. Marilyn Monroe – $10 Million
8. Albert Einstein – $10 Million
9. Theodor Geisel – $9 Million
10. Steve McQueen – $8 Million
While Elvis Presley comes in third with what looks like a measly $55 million when compared to Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson, he still reigns supreme as the top-earning dead celerity of the decade with an astonishing $340 Million in reported earnings according to TermLifeInsurance.org.