A one year old boy from Matoon, Illinois, narrowly escaped death after being discovered by his father with a two foot python wrapped around his ankle.
Devin Winans discovered his son William Winans with the snake around his ankle when he heard his son fussing inside of his crib. The parents removed the snake with a blanket before rushing the one year old to the hospital. William was treated for bites, abrasions, and bruise marks following the incident.
The baby’s mother, Sara Lacey, said her son stayed calm, never crying until his wounds were cleaned. Devin Winans told ABCNEWS “If the snake had wrapped around his neck, honestly, we probably would not be having his birthday today.’
The owner of the snake has been cited for incident, and is set to appear in court, for not properly caging the pet python. The women did not have a secure tank for her pet.