Three year old Sarah Lawson was playing outside of her daycare in St Petersberg, Florida when she was bitten by a Pygmy Rattlesnake.
Her grandfather Barry Rainwater said the girl was playing outside the Sunny Daze Daycare center in St Petersberg, Florida when the foot-long rattlesnake bit her finger causing her arm to swell.
The little girls grandfather told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune “She was there for three days,” Rainwater said. “She was taken to the ICU where they administered antivenom.”
Sarah’s hand swelled, and the poison moved up her arm, which the physicians monitored carefully.
Her mom say’s her nickname at the daycare is “Firecracker” but she said her nickname for three-year-old Sarah is Tinker “because she is always tinkering with something.”