Real World star Joey Kovar dies of an apparent drug overdose at age 29, MTV confirms. He was found early Friday morning, August 17 in his native Chicago.
The reality star and aspiring actor had a long struggle with substance abuse, including alcohol, cocaine, ecstasy, and amphetamines. Kovar famously battled addiction, entering into rehab mid-season during the Real World.
Sadly, the troubled actor leaves behind a young daughter, whom he would regularly apologize to for his constant distractions.
Unfortunately, Joey’s battle was lost, but hopefully his life touched a few people out there, maybe more than a few, who saw what he went through and in turn were inspired to get help.
Therefore, the incident a tragedy, but not in vain. May he rest in peace.