TOP 15 SAFEST CITIES IN THE WORLD. Trying to find out how your city ranks when it comes to being safe? With crime rates constantly fluctuating, it’s hard to tell where the safest cities are. Take a look at this list to find the top 15 safest cities in the world according to Trip Advisor and Global Finance Magazine.
TOP 15 SAFEST CITIES IN THE WORLD
- Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo has made it onto the list as it is one of the most decorated cities in the world and one of the safest cities for tourists. It is scored number one in best taxi services, friendliest taxi drivers, best public transportation, cleanest streets, and safety.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia - While Croatia may seem like an odd addition to the list, it is actually one of the safest countries in the world. Croatia is known for being a great tourist attraction for having its lavish beaches and resorts. Moreover, Croatia has also been noticed for its hospitality and its safety standards.
- Singapore, Republic Of Singapore – Singapore made it to the top 15 safest cities in the world list because it is one of the healthiest and safest cities in the world. Formally known as the Garden City, Singapore is not only filled with beautiful sites, but kind and beautiful people as well.
- Vienna, Austria – Vienna is one of the safest and best cities to work and live in as it has low crime levels and a stable economy. Vienna was also named the world’s most liveable city by an annual survey by consulting firm Mercer in 2011.
- Zürich, Switzerland – Of course the most neutral place in the world would make the top 15 safest cities in the world list. Zürich may not have made it to the number one spot as the safest city, but it is said to be the world’s nicest city. This city is also known for its highly efficient, clean and safe public transport system.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Who would have thought a Middle Eastern country would make it to the list, and in the top 10 no less. With the many tourists coming into the city, Dubai has exceedingly become one of the safest cities in the world. Dubai is known for being the “it” place in the Middle East for tourists looking to explore the wonders and innovation the Middle East has to offer.
- Stockholm, Sweden - Stockholm may have garnered a recent bad reputation for being a dangerous place in Sweden, however, it still has one of the lowest crime rates in Europe. Many citizens of Sweden speak English in Stockholm and are said to be the friendliest of people.
- Seoul, South Korea – While many wouldn’t think South Korea to be a safe area, especially considering the recent actions of their neighbors in the north, Seoul is one of the safest cities in the world in terms of street crime rates.
- Munich, Germany – Compared to the rest of the world, Munich is considered to be one of the most safest cities. While there are certain parts of Munich that may bring unwarranted incidents, the overall feel of the area is that of a peaceful and lively city filled with many tourists and attractions.
- Copenhagen, Denmark - Being such a large and busy city, it is a wonder how Copenhagen can continue to keep such low crimes rates and remain one of the safest cities in the world. Many tourists travel to Denmark and very few have reported incidents of a dangerous nature in the country.
- Vancouver, Canada - Our neighbors to the north seem to be doing quite well when it comes to the safety and security of Vancouver. Vancouver is one of the biggest cities in Canada and maintains low crime rates. It is also one of the cleanest cities in the country and remains to be the top destination for tourists visiting Canada.
- Sydney, Australia – Sydney made the cut to be included in the top 15 safest cities in the world as it has by far one of the kindest populations. Travelers flying to the down-under have reported a great experience being in such a peaceful and hospitable environment filled with kind folks with cool accents.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – Back in 2008, Amsterdam was ranked 22 out of 215 world cities for personal safety in its 2008 Quality of Life Survey. Since then, the city has only gotten safer as many tourists travel and explore the city without incident.
- Dublin, Ireland – While it may surprise some to consider the country of Ireland having one of the safest cities in the world, Dublin made the top 15 safest cities in the world list due to its low crime rates. Dublin beat out its neighbor cities in the U.K. and has garnered a reputation for being a fun and safe place for vacationing.
- Honolulu, United States - Sadly enough, the U.S. barely makes the cut in the top 15 safest cities in the world list. Surprisingly, Honolulu is the safest city in the U.S. and one of the safest cities in the world as it has a low violent crimes rate and is one of the prime vacationing cities for tourists.
There you have the TOP 15 SAFEST CITIES IN THE WORLD. Think we missed one or want to include a city of your own? Let us know in the comments below.