If you were to listen to liberals and their messianic worship of Obama, you would have to draw the conclusion that Obama has been the most successful president of all time. That, as Evan Thomas of Newsweek put it, he is “sort of god” in his ability to transcend above everything — and of course, everyone.
Then if you look at the way Obama is campaigning for re-election, you have to ask yourself – What happened to the success of his presidency? Think about it – What has been the almost laser-like focus of the Obama campaign? You could choose from any of the following:
- Bain Capital
- Romney’s tax returns
- Romney potentially being a felon
- Romney’s wants more tax breaks for the rich while raising taxes on the middle class
Then you get the general attacks on the GOP as a whole:
- Racial Discrimination
- Voter Disenfranchisement
- Anti-Gay rhetoric
- Gut Medicare (Which is the closest thing to a substantive issue to debate we have coming from this campaign.)
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
The question is why? If Obama is as successful as liberals claim he is, why not state your success and be re-elected by a landslide since you have done great, wonderful, and miraculous things in the face of all odds? Where are those campaign ads?
I guess it is because they don’t want to talk about his record. So, I decided to see what I could find out there from a liberal’s point of view concerning the many successes of President Obama.
So, here is a sampling of the Obama record from a liberal point of view:
- The Administration of Accomplishments: A Primer On Talking To The Uniformed – The author lists the top 15 accomplishments of Obama, in his not so humble opinion.
- There are two Facebook pages touting 111 accomplishments (as well as more specifics on things like Obamacare) of Obama which you can see here and here.
- They even opened up the Obama Achievements Center – Nope, I am not kidding.
- Of course, the Huffington Post has a list. Daily Kos has one as well. (The list from the Daily Kos is supposed to be a “comprehensive” one.)
- If you did a Google search using the keywords: obama, accomplishments, list, you would get approximately 6.96 million results.
Those are just a few and if you clicked on them, you would see that they all came from obvious and not so obvious liberal sources. Yet, the Obama Campaign doesn’t want to talk about them. Why?
Let’s talk about them since they are not going to. I am going to use the Newsvine liberal’s list since it fairly concise in length. From his list:
1) The Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 – As he put it, this bill guaranteed “equal pay for equal work.” Don’t get me wrong – discrimination is discrimination – but how do you prove it in this type of case? How do you prove two people are doing the “same work”?
You have two people (one man and one woman) applying for two identical positions. They are both qualified to do the job and are hired. Should they be paid the same amount? Liberals will tell you on face value that the answer is yes. What about prior experience? Should the man be punished for having more prior experience than the woman, or vice-versa, should the woman be punished for having more experience? What about an individual’s ability to simply negotiate for a better starting salary? Realize these are just a couple of factors that could come into play when you first accept a job that could determine how much you are paid.
Then, in the case of Lily Ledbetter, should your salary remain constant with other people doing the same job despite them displaying poorer quality of work? Why should two people be equally compensated for two differing levels of quality? Isn’t this the reason some people receive raises while other people are fired? (Honestly, this whole idea sounds like the “living wage” guarantee the OWS lunatics wanted — Sit home, do nothing, and get well-paid for it.)
What would be the likely end result if you were the owner of a company? You would have employees striving for mediocrity at best. What is the incentive for an individual to work hard if he or she is going to be paid the same amount as someone else simply because they have the “same job?” This is just my opinion — but if you don’t like how much you are getting paid; then get a job where they are going to pay you what you want.
As I said before discrimination is discrimination and shouldn’t be tolerated, but can a liberal tell me how you can prove that there is even discrimination in the first place? Realistically, this is nothing more than a symbolic political ploy to get women to vote for the Democrats. Because, if this act was actively enforced the number of frivolous lawsuits would exponentially explode bogging down an already overburdened court system.
There is an old saying – “Actions speak louder than words.” Just so you know what Democrats really think about “equal pay for equal work.”
- DNC Pays Women Less Than Men – They link the salary data in the article if you want to do your own review.
- Nancy Pelosi Pays Female Staffers Less – She also gave Senate Democrats a pass as well for paying women less than men.
- Even the Obama White House pays women less than men.
A liberal is going to tell me that none of them are doing the same job. Would a reasonable person accept that excuse?